2001 Written Boards Questions
- Which is true regarding primary megaureter?
a. Functional Obstruction—lacks propulsion
b. Right greater than left
c. Other choices
- SIN is associated with ______?
b. Uterine synechia
c. Other Choices
- Showed graph of progressively increasing ventricles in fetus with normal
head circumference (atrium measuring 2cm). Dx?
d. Chiari II
e. One other choice
- Showed short axis heart and there was an isointense structure adjacent to
a. Papillary muscle
- Stupid DNR question
- Stupid NM question on disposing of radiopharm, etc (NRC)
- Phantom QC--weekly
- Hemangioma questions 2 or 3
- Panc cystic tumor questions 2 or 3
- Angio for palliative therapy of islet cell tumor mets, decrease bulk/pain
- Drusen ŕ Optic berve calcification
- Rx of Graves vs. Plummers
- PET indications: colon ca, lymphoma, myocard viability, etc.
- Best agent for viability: PET vs Tl
- Increased EF seen with ?AI
- Wide pulse pressure. Cause? PDA?
- Lytic Lesion with sclerotic borders: ven lake, met, epidermoid, etc.
- Most sens/spec way to dx sacral insuff fx: MRI, CT, NM, xray, tomo
- MRI shows IDEM midline cyst ant. With vert cleft: neuroenteric cyst
- High T2 signal with dilated optic chiasm/nerve: NF1
- Nontraumatic SAH, what % will have mult aneurysms 5/20/40/60/80
- NM dose administered from prescribed 10%
- High density on NECT: lymphoma
- Meigs syndrome tumor: Fibroma
- pituitary question: flat/concave on top?
- Most common pulm fungal infection: ?PCP choice; Crypt; Candida
- No large esoph ulcers: HSV
- Fundal mass/panc Ca: Varices
- MALT lymphoma assoc. with: H pylori
- Periostits assoc. with seroneg spondys
- Indication of NM Brain study with Diamox?
- Kappa coefficient?
- Verification bias?
- Which is demyl./autoimmune/post viral: GBS, Binswngers, etc (ADEM not an
- Miliary pattern: Melanoma/thyroid
- No pulm nodules with which CA: prostate
- Chest wall mass with permeative rib destruction (kid): NB mets v leukemia?
- Followup of nontraumatic subcapsular blood-Serial US, MR, CT, plain, IVPs
- Dissection question does not involve what branch
- Increase velocity in ICA may be seen with?
- Aliasing artifact
- EDH crosses midline
- IMA question False? Supplies HF to anus
- Leg weakness and bone abnormalities: Aluminum toxicity???
- TV and PV repair: carcinoid with liver mets
- pulm AVM: recur more often than systemic AVMs
- Increased breast CA: Fibrosis?
- Pagets: Form of DCIS
- LCIS Rx-?bl mastectomy
- MLO view 2 questions
- Most severe/unstable c-spine injury
- which fx stable/unstable?
- Post tib tendon tear?
- 20 yo with acute calf pain with tennis: plantaris rupture
- Scaphoid waist fx assoc. with ?perilunate disloc.
- Lefort 3 question
- Long temp bone fx (conductive loss and facial nerve inj)
- Not cause of pap nec: DM/TB/SCD/NSAIDs/Cirrhosis???
- IV contrast – complete GFR????
- Gad question – treat side effects like iodine contrast???
- AIDS kidneys-how to diff (size?)
- Adenoma vs HCC diff.
- Esoph leiomyoma (see distally)
- Adrenal mass in lung CA pt with sim signal on in/out phase – MET
- MIBG/Octreotide questions 2 or 3
- Most common extra-adrenal pheo: lumbar symp gang
- Which does not calcify: TCC/SCC/Radiation/alk en cyst/Malacoplakia
- Presinusoidal portal htn—schisto???
- not small capacity/thick bladder: SCI(UMN), cystitis, xrt, DM (LMN)
- Ureteral edema???
- Anatomy: SVC is ant to RPA
- Where to place IVC filter in circumaortic renal vein on left
- Pyeloinfundib atresia leads to MCDK or ARPCKD?
- Indic for perc neph
- Mistake by colleague what to do
- approach to calyces with perc neph
- pyelo dx (striations)
- Infections at ileocecal valve don’t include: giardia
- 20 yo with lul cavity and sudden hemoptysis: dx-TB?
- Most common type of choledochal cyst (fusiform CBD)
- Questions on tubulovillous polyps and hyperplastic polyps
- Whipple’s – LD lymph nodes
- Lipoma of colon
- Zenker’s question-occurs at inferior cerv esoph (false)
- Spigelian Hernia
- Most common comp of ERCP? Pancreatitis
- Delayed imaging for cholangioCA
- FNH vs fl HCC (know scars)
- Staging lung CA
- Kawaskis not assoc with: CAA, myocarditis, GB hydrops, RF, peric
- #1 cause of pneumomed. - ruptured alveolus
- #1 cause of nl heart and edema in infant: TAPVR??? Nonobstructed
- which not contour forming on PA chest: MPA, LA, RA, LVOT, RVOT
- DDH dislocate in what position: flex v ABER
- DDH imaging question???
- IABP placement
- Constrictive pericarditis ca v 8mm thick
- Not an upper lung dz.
- Centrilob emphysema???
- On HRCT LAMM looks like what???
- Primitive carotid-basilar comm. – Otic
- SAH 1 week postop – dec MS/LE weak – cause? HC, spasm
- PM bleed – atrophy
- hypotensive/bradycardia – atropine
- stuck twin seen with dimo
- osteoporosis and trabec – vert last to go
- palp mass – US and mammo negative – suspicious vs. further imaging
- 6 month post lumpectomy/XRT – dense breast/thick skin – cause? CA, XRT, it
- postpartum ov vein thrombosis – which is least likely?
- EBCT questions 2; 55yo nl chance of sig CAD (I put <15%), CA 1st
- Contains gas: CAM, Bronch Cyst, Sequestration
- Wormian Bones False = Chiari
- Sjogren’s Syndrome
- Mammo screening rec.
- Pop vein tributaries
- Increased RI (.9) 3 days post TX – ATN, rejection, RA/RV problem, CST
- Reversal of flow in TX – RV occlusion
- Osteoporosis increased risk of fx – cortical destruction
- Short axis MR view
- Indium vs Gallium
- AORTIC graft infection – mortality 30-70%? Fluid = infection?
- Best way to dx gastrinoma
- Most common assoc with HS kidneys…UPJ?Infxn?
- Not indic for TIPS – splenic vein thrombosis
- Supplies post limb of IC – ant choroids? Lentstriate? Rec art heb?
- Bx shows Ca; path sees no Ca; xray paraffin block
- Diagram of US & biopsy needle
- MRI with patella dislocation
- Arrythmogenic Dysplasia – relative with sudden death/fat on MRI in vent
- Tamoxifen Increases risk of endom CA
- All assoc with increased three phase except necrotic dm toe
- Adult elbow disloc what gets caught
- Mult calcified bodies – idiop tum calc
- RDS vs ttn – lung volumes
- pituitary contour
- Diamox brain study
- HIDA active transport
- Best seen on 4 chamber view = ECD
- ASD big pa
- choroids plexus cysts – tris 18
- Growth plate question…wide in lead poisoning/same blood as met/trauma
- trauma to pelvis and pt dies – bleeding
- ASD vs VSD and dev of eisenmengers
- lateral disc herniation at 4-5
- CANT localize with MIBG – aldosteronoma
- TURP removes TZ
- Which does not support pelvic structures – UG diaph??
- Most medial nerve in Cav Sinus
- Vagus goes through diaph with what? Esoph
- Cronkite Canada – nail atrophy
- Which is not intraductal – medullary
- Most aggressive DCIS
- MS looks like lyme disease
- SC vs angio
- Severe angina during persantine study: what do you do?
- Osteoporosis: Increased alk phos, etc
- Situs Inversus question; apex and stomach on right
- Recurrent staph infections – CGD
- Homon. Hemianopsia – lesion?
- Microcolon – mec ileus
- Peak of legionella pna - ?bl cons
- Question regarding aortic valve stenosis/calc in bicuspid vs nl
- Diastolic dysfxn question
- RC tendon injury (?false), hypo/hyper/no tendon/etc
- Varicocele questions 2: pamp plexus. Side affected?
- Tumor at conus - ?mucopapillary ependymoma
- Neuroent cyst question
- esoph doesn’t have what?
- Ant wall of lesser sac
- Volar plate injury
- Sign of thyroid cancer – microCA
- Smooth mass chance of CA
- Swollen tender thyroid with low uptake – subacute thyroiditis
- Least common post fossa mass in kid? CPP
- Vital capacity question
- Most common cause of RVT in adult?
- Which stone has lowest HU? Urate/Indinavir/Cystine/etc
- Contraind in pulm angio – LBBB
- Brightest thing on head US? Choroid plexus not a choice; Vermis
- Liver dz Brain BG bright on T1
1-2 pictures only
DO OLD TESTS!!!!
READ QUESTIONS VERY CAREFULLY!!!!